BEVERLY HILLS—The city of Beverly Hills announced on its website that the Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market will be hosting the Holiday Craft Fair and Cookie Baking Contest on December 10 at the 9300 block of Civic Center Drive.
The event will run from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will feature local artisans to help the community with their holiday shopping which includes jewelry, oils, clothing, pottery, florals and candles.
For the Cookie Baking Contest, the Best Tasting: 1st place $200, 2nd place $100, 3rd place $50. Best Looking cookie will receive a $50 prize. The rules of the contest are as follows:
1. Only home-baked cookies will be accepted. The cookies must be prepared and baked by the contestant submitting the entry for judging. Amateur bakers only. Professional chefs and restaurant entries will not be accepted.
2. One submission per contestant, please. Each contestant must bring 12 cookies of a single recipe.
3. Only the first 20 entries will be accepted. To be considered, complete the application below and pay the nonrefundable $5.00 entry fee. Contestants may pay on line here, bring payment to the Farmers’ Market Sundays 9-1pm in the info booth or mail a check to Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market, c/o Community Services, 501 Doheny Road, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
4. The submission deadline is Wednesday, December 6 by 5pm.
5. All entries become the property of the City of Beverly Hills. We reserve the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit recipes for brevity and clarity.
6. Contestants must bring their cookies to the judges booth by 9am on Sunday, December 10, 2023. Winners will be announced at 12:15pm.
As always, the Farmers Market will feature 50 certified farmers and specialty vendors, family arts and crafts projects, a kid zone for pony rides and a petting zoo and live entertainment.